Friday, January 27, 2012

Some things are just worth the wait

I cannot believe that we are already on the 27th of January. This month has absolutely flown by. It has been filled with fun things to keep us busy.

As I told you in the previous entry, the boys had a golf Christmas. On the first available warm day Nicholas was outside practicing. Fortunately for him, he did not have to wait too long. January has been an exceptionally warm month this year. Last year we had snow, but even that isn't the norm for North Carolina. But you must take into consideration the 32 years of conditioning I had living in Salt Lake City, Utah. January in Utah meant covering up what you did not want to get frost bite. After ten years I am still getting used to the fact that some days in January you can go outside without a coat on. Nicholas had a great time practicing for hours in the back yard.


Naomi played in the Winter Soccer League at Strikers. She loved every minute of it. The last game was played in the pouring rain. The girls were real troopers as they had to adjust to kicking the ball through puddles of water. In the end it was all smiles as they received their trophies. They were water-logged, but happy.



Ana, Naomi, Lili and Asha

Team Clyde



I was given this gorgeous picture by my Grandma Tanner over 25 years ago. She got it while living in Okinawa while my aunt and uncle were stationed there. I have never taken the time or money to have it professionally framed. It could wait no longer. We finished remodeling the downstairs bathroom and the piece de resistance was my geisha girl all done up with mats and the perfect frame. The result is stunning and the perfect center piece in my collection of oriental decor.

This cutie was born just a couple of days after I left Utah back in May. I have been patiently waiting for someone to send me a picture so I can see what he looks like (Thanks, Rachel!!) Isn't he the cutest thing. He is definitely worth the wait.

I have decided that life is full of wonderful things. Whether they come to us unrequested or are dearly anticipated or somewhere in between we need to take time and recognize what they have to add to our lives - otherwise we have missed the point! Life is good!








1 comment:

RIck and Ella-Rene said...

Oh I agree life is full of unexpected beauty, adventures and pure joy.

Glad you have your heart and eyes open to those precious things. We LOVE you.