Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I am Thankful for...

Thanksgiving 2011 was a wonderful day. I have so many things for which to be grateful. This year I am mostly thankful for my wonderful family. I am thankful that they put up with me and my stubborn nature. I am grateful that I have an amazing husband who looks out for me, especially when I won't look out for myself. I am glad that I listened to Steve and finally went to the doctor who gave me the medicine I needed to get over what I called a "stubborn cold" and what he diagnosed as pneumonia. I am grateful for my children who helped me get the house straightened up and a few side dishes fixed in between the naps I took (during which they played quietly so Mom could sleep.) I am thankful for a husband who took the kids on a bike ride (to get out their extra energy) and geocaching (so Jeremy could finish up his merit badge he started in September) while I took another nap. I am grateful for children and a husband who did dishes after dinner while I took a nap. I am thankful that the weather was so beautiful and we could spend some time in the sunshine after dinner (and a nap). Thanksgiving 2011 was a wonderful day full of things for which I am grateful.



Here are the kids pointing out the one of the three geocaches that they found. It took them awhile but they said it was like being Indiana Jones without the snakes, spiders, aliens and curses. They had a great time.




Enjoying some fudgecicles outside in the gorgeous sun. This is how we eat dessert after Thanksgiving dinner in the South.


It wouldn't be completely Southern-like without the plastic flamingo.

Sidewalk art by Naomi. It is her rendition of the Solar System.

P.S. I am also grateful that I have had this time to catch up on all the blogs I have been wanting to do for the last six months but haven't taken the time to do because I have let everything else become so much more important.

No comments: